Wednesday 16 November 2011

Shooting Day (Studio) - 2 The Shoot

Around 9:30 I took the first wide shot. As a director as well, I noticed that the lighting is too dark and creates unwanted shadows. Therefore we lit the set differently and changed the position of the bigger props, such as the drums, the car and tires. I took a variety of shots, starting with the basic ones - wide, close-ups on all the instruments and band members (from different angles as well). Once I have taken the basic shots I thought that we should move on to the more interesting ones. I suggested taking a mid shot of the lead singing on the car. Then we started to move the set around putting the ideas we had into action. We experimented with different positioning of the props and the band as well. Sometimes we had to add more lights when moving the set around. In every shot we had to make sure that the right look is created - fixed tires, instruments. As a group we thought of more mod-like shots e.g. lead singer in foreground and guitarist facing the other side playing or lead sitting in the car, but still seeing bassist and guitarist through the frame of the car windows. We did take the majority of the shots we expected to, but we got additional ideas on the day and therefore improvised with more spontaneous and different shots. I think organisation and creativity go hand in hand.

I have created a collage with some of the pictures we took. I have tried to include the most evident set changes and shots:


No comments:

Post a Comment