Monday 21 November 2011

Shooting (Scrap Yard) - Part 2 - Filming

Once we were there, we looked around and chose a setting for me to be kidnapped. Surprisingly, there was a big old bus that was not there last time when Luke came, so this was the perfect place for us because otherwise it would have been a car which is quite stereotypical. We set up the cameras and found some rugs for me to lie on (we were told that there were a lot of rats so we needed to be careful). My hands were tied up with a black rope and my mouth was covered with some black cloth. The first shot was a wide of me lying on the floor in the bus. I had to adopt the character and therefore cried and begged for somebody to let me out. We took some shots of me struggling, one from hehind, close-up of my face. It was quite interesting for me because my experience as an actress was mostly on stage, being able to stay in character throughout the whole play or multi-role, but in the video, I had to continuously cry which was difficult and the coldness was not helping as well. However, I did the best I could in order to get all the shots we needed. We continued with hand-held shot pov of me, looking up to Merlin coming in the bus, not knowing if he is going to kill me or not. We took a variety of shots, from different perspectives of him putting the gun down and cutting the rope. Next shot was of me taking off the mouth piece and embracing him, my saver. Next shot we took was of Matt driving fast into the scrap yard and getting out a gun. We see that and start running. We took a shot from behind and a long shot through the bus. The idea was that Merlin was body-guarding me from the bullets. I acted a little hurt, but ran as fast as I could. We took a shot from behind of us running and from the side. Then the next step was what to do next?

I thought of an "ending", which did not need to be logical because we were taking bits and pieces of the film. So, we thought that if they run and see that it is a dead-end street. Merlin needed to think fast. He throws me into a car and faces the chaser who is shot and dies. Afterwards I was not needed any more so I changed into something warmer and had to be behind the camera now and take pictures for my blog as well. We shot a variety of shots of Merlin walking around the scrap yard, approaching me, choosing different locations and angles. Later I filmed the green screen shots we needed behind the performance bits. We worked from around 10am till 4pm and I must say that was happy with the result. Taking the fact how difficult it was to deal with all the problems we had and the cold, I was pleased with the result and our organisation of taking quickly decisions.

Below I created a scrapbook with all photos I took on the day with descriptions:

No comments:

Post a Comment